High School Sports Update
- Congratulations to the Titan Wrestling Team. They won 2 matches at Team Sectionals on Wednesday night and will be going to WIAA Team Wrestling State Tournament March 1 & 2.
- It was a great week for Red Hawk Athletes.
Results from 2/04/19 - 2/09/19
~ Girls Basketball beats Viroqua 67 - 15 and Altoona 75 - 35
(Clinch Conference Championship) Well Done Ladies!!!!
~ Boys Basketball beats West Salem 85 -71 BIG ROAD WIN!
~ Titan Wrestlers qualify 10 individual wrestlers for Sectionals Saturday, Feb. 16th and won the state Team Sectionals. Best of Luck to our Grapplers!!!!
~ Gymnastic team places first with a score of 133 Congratulations Ladies!!!!
- Congrats to Powerlifting State Qualifiers: Garrett Eddy, Ben Stenberg, Issac Marley and Aiden Henscheid
- Congratulations to Gage Jessesski named to the WFCA (Wisconsin Football Coaches Association) All-Star Game
- DANCE TEAM 3RD IN D3 HIP HOP AT STATE!!! Congratulations to the Dance Team for placing 3rd in D3 Hip Hop at the State High School Championships on Saturday!!! Way to go; well done, Ladies!!!
- CONGRATULATIONS TITAN WRESTLERS!!! Congratulations to our Titan Wrestlers on their Conference Championship victory!!! Way to go, Gentlemen!!!
- Congratulations to Lexi Wagner who passed Annaleece Lamke as the all-time leading scorer in G-E-T Girls Basketball program. Lexi had 20 points on Tuesday to pass Annaleece who scored 1467 points in her career. Lexi has scored 1481 points.....and counting. Well done Lexi!!!! and congratulations to the Lady Redhawks for their convincing win on Tuesday.
- Dana F. signed her national letter of intent to run for Iowa State. Congratulations Dana!!!!
JUMBECK AND GOLD LEAD BOYS 13th PLACE FINISH AT STATE! DANA 2nd!
Senior Josh Jumbeck ended his 4 years as a Red Hawk with his BEST performance. In his 3rd consecutive state meet Josh placed 29th. Frosh Carter Gold set a personal record by 45 seconds and was our 3rd best runner Saturday in Wisconsin Rapids, good for 90th place. Doug Feyen placed 86th in 17:46. Blake 120th in 18:17, Riley 140th, Jake 142nd and Ethan Burmeister 146th. Boys were disappointed but 13th of 120 D2 teams in the state is pretty good!
Dana finished her 4 year Cross Country career as 4x Conference champ, 4x Sectional champ, back-to-back State champ, 2nd at State 2018, School record holder, Conference record holder.
- G-E-T Boys Cross Country team is heading to state. Dana Feyen also qualified as the individual winner of the meet for the 4th consecutive year. They will compete in Wisconsin Rapids on Saturday, October 27. Go Red Hawks!
~ Boys Cross Country Division II State Meet @ Ridges Golf Course, Wisconsin Rapids - 1:10pm.
~ Girls Cross Country Division II State Meet @ Ridges Golf Course, Wisconsin Rapids 3:05pm.In brutal conditions, 32 degrees, 25 mph winds on a wide open, snow-covered, muddy course G-E-T boys won Sectionals in Colby, edging out LaCrosse Logan.Doug Feyen placed 2nd, Josh Jumbeck 5th, Blake Johnson 18th, Carter Gold 19th, Riley Kirkey 21st, Ethan Burmeister 40th, Jake Jumbeck 55th.G-E-T girls place 7th. 1st Dana Feyen, 34st Breeann Harris, 46nd Rachel Amoth, 53rd Hannah Seigler, 60th Amalie Salamonsen, 69th Claire Corcoran, 80th Quinn Wenthe.
- Girls Golf: The team finished 2nd in Conference with Lexie Kiedrowski, Amy Gappa, and BriAnn Bohn earning 1st team All-Conference honors. Emily Nelson earned Honorable Mention. Congratulations to Coach Bawek and the girls and best luck at Regionals.Swimming: The team placed 3rd yesterday at the Husky Invite at Eau Claire North High School. Elle Lettner was part of a relay team that took 2nd and also took 2nd in the individual Butterfly. Well done Ellie.Volleyball: Big match vs BRF for Parents’ Night. Some great volleyball played here vs West Salem in a very tight match. Come support the girls as they work to get back in the Conference race.Football: Big win for the Red Hawks vs Luther, 59-0. 361 total yards rushing and Garrett Eddy had 196 yards on 9 carries for 3 touchdowns. Bryce Burns also ran for 2 scores.Cross Country: Dana Feyen won the Smiley Invite for the 3rd straight year with a time of 17:59. In doing so she broke Aubrey Robert's record time of 18:17. Doug Feyen won his first Cross Country meet of his career, in school record fashion. Doug ran 16:36 setting a long standing school record helping the G-E-T boys to a 2nd place finish at the 62nd annual Smiley Invitational. Twelve personal records were recorded for the 27 runners who competed.Congratulations to our runners.
- Way to go, Middle School Cross Country!
Good athletes show up.
Great athletes turn it up.
Exceptional athletes help others rise up!
Our Middle School G-E-T Cross Country Team is Exceptional!Thank you to our fabulous fifty strong who volunteered their time today to help the Galesville Public Library. Boxes upon boxes needed to be carried up from the basement to the meeting room - and when we asked our team if they wanted to help they said YES!! They said: "Can we carry more than one box?" "What else is there to do?" "How else can we help?" As coaches we see all kinds of strength - today we saw strength of heart and community. KUDOS Ladies and Gentlemen - ye may be small but you are mighty and your acts can change the world!
Coach Gold, Coach Sorenson & Coach Swift
- Congrats to the Varsity Baseball team:
- What a great season baseball had. They lost in extra innings to the number one seed in the sectionals tonight. But to appreciate this you really have to start at the beginning. A brand new first year head coach, assisted by another new young coach, and the worst spring weather we have seen in a decade with lots of snow and canceled games. After a few struggles in the beginning, they really started to put it together. They won I think 11 out of their last 12 games before the sectional game today. Every time I was around these young men they seemed to be enjoying themselves and loving the game. Thank you to these young men and amazing coaches for providing such a great atmosphere to come and watch some tremendous baseball. You are setting the example of what G-E-T baseball has become and will continue to remain.
- Congrats to our baseball team for becoming regional champions in a 7-2 win over Black River Falls. They were down 0-2 going into the 6th inning. What a game. Way to go Red Hawk Baseball!
- Red Hawks won their semi-regional game against Altoona 5-2. They will play Black River Falls @ home on May 30 at 5:00pm in the Regional final.
G-E-T won their sub-regional game against La Crosse Logan 3-0.
WIAADivision 2 Playoff Bracket
- 'What a great day track had at Sectionals Thursday! Dana Feyen qualified in the 1600 and 3200; Jack Marley in pole vault; Davis Wenthe in the high jump, 110 hurdles, and 400; Cam Hanson in the high jump and long jump; and Luke Vance in the 200. The state track meet will take place next weekend, June 1-2, at UW-La Crosse. Good Luck at State Dana Feyen, Jack Marley, Cam Hanson, Davis Wenthe, and Luke Vance! Your hard work and dedication has paid off!'
- Congrats to Sawyer Schmidt who qualified for the boys sectional golf tournament yesterday. He ended with a 4-way tie for 43 out of 72. Although he didn't qualify for the State tournament, he has a great future in golf.
- 'I can really only use one word to describe our track teams performance yesterday at regionals. "Domination" There are 18 events in track including relays. The boys sent a sectional qualifier out of 15 of those (and missed a tie in shot for another). They had multiple qualifiers in several events and easily won the regional as a team
The girls will be represented at sectionals by 6 girls in 6 events.This included several first places as well. Dana Feyen will continue her run to defend her state titles.Both teams will now compete in sectionals on Thursday in Lancaster. Good luck and way to represent Red Hawk Nation!' Pete Peterson, AD
The Baseball team has won it's first conference championship in over a decade. They beat West Salem Thursday night 7-1 in order to do so. Congrats to these boys and coaches. Nice work!!
- CONGRATULATIONS BOYS TRACK TEAM!: Congratulations to the Boys Track Team on their Coulee Conference Championship win! They secured the championship in a dominant style setting a conference record for highest points and biggest point spread. They scored 205 points, which is believed to be the first time any team has scored over 200, and were 101 points in front of second. They had lots of great overall champions too. Way to go!!!
- CONGRATULATIONS BOYS GOLF!: The Boys Golf Team had a great day at the conference tournament and ended the year second as a team. Freshman Sawyer Schmidt ended up being the individual champion of the entire conference.
- Congrats to Jack Marley, a former state qualifier, and Les Lakey for committing to University of Wisconsin Eau Claire to continue their wrestling careers.
Congrats to the track teams. The boys cruised to a 100 point win and the girls are the five time County Champs.
Jack Marley moved to #5 on the school's All Time List with a 12-6 vault, Cam Hanson broke his own school record and set one of the top marks in D2 with a 22-9 long jump, Cole Ziegler moved to #7 in long, Luke Vance set the freshmen record in long, and Rachel Amoth moved to #5 and set the freshmen record in long.
- Congrats to the Titan wrestling team for earning a sportsmanship award from the WIAA.
- Congrats to Chris Thompson. He signed his letter of intent today to play basketball at Upper Iowa University. Chris is a four year starter and sits on top of our career leader board in a lot of areas. He is 2nd in career points, 3rd in rebounds, 4th in assists and 1st in steals. When I think of all the great G-E-T players, that is quite an accomplishment.
- Congrats to Lexi Wagner on getting named the Winona Daily News Basketball Player of the Year. She has worked hard over the years and is so deserving of this award. Again, congrats Lexi!
- Congrats for setting school records at the first Track Meet for the season. Cameron Hanson, long jump with 21-8 and Ellen Mills who set the girls indoor school record in pole vault with 9-0 .
- Congrats to the G-E-T middle school wrestling team for winning the conference.
- Congrats to the Boys Basketball team, Regional Champions. They defeated Black River Falls 75-52 to win the title. The season ended at the Sectional semifinal game with a loss to Wisconsin Dells 55-61.
- ‘I want to take a second and congratulate the Wrestling Team on their trip to the state tournament. Unfortunately, they lost to the eventual state champions Luxemburg-Casco. As a coach, you find it hard to handle these losses. I saw this same thing in the girls game the other night. The coach is proud of your team and all the effort they have put forth and at the same time disappointed in the outcome and think about what you could have done better or different.At times like this, you need to take a step back and appreciate what we have. We have a great group of parents that I couldn’t be prouder of. We have amazing fans and know they had our backs win or lose. Most importantly, we have awesome kids. They are always respectful and willing to go the extra mile. On behalf of the Titan Wrestling Family, “Thank You!” for a great year.’ – Pete Peterson
- Congratulations to Ben Behan and Nathan Riehle. They have been selected to participate in the 2018 WFCA All-Star Charity Football Game benefiting Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. They will be playing in this prestigious event on July 21, 2018 at J.J. Keller Field at Titan Stadium on the campus of UW-Oshkosh. Over the past eleven years, the partnership between WFCA and Children’s Hospital has raised more than $3.5 million.
The honor of being chosen to play in this game is twofold. They will have the opportunity to play football with some of the best high school players in the state; every year more than 400 athletes are nominated, but only 220 are chosen to play. Second, and more importantly, they get to make a difference in the lives of other kids by helping to raise money for the patient care programs at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. Last year, there were more than 350,000 patient visits to Children’s Hospital — some are your classmates, some are in your family, and some of these kids could be you. Way to go Ben and Nate!
Congrats Girls Basketball team, Regional Champions, after defeating Stratford 59-34.
Wrestling - Congrats to Bryce Burns and Julian Purney for placing at the individual state wrestling tournament. The Titans will take on Luxemburg-Casco in the Division 2 team state semifinals this Saturday morning in Madison.
- Congrats to Isaac Marley as he qualified for state in Powerlifting Feb. 17th. Good luck Isaac!
- Wrestlers advancing to State: Colton Sime 113 (27-13), Julian Purney 126 (36-5), Bryce Burns 195 (29-6), Josh Marciulionis 285 (28-13).
- Individual Wrestling Sectional Sat., Feb. 17th. Wrestlers advancing to Sectionals: Colton Sime 113 (27-13), Jack Marley 120 (37-6), Julian Purney 126 (36-5), Jaden Anderson 152 (26-13), Will Johnson 160 (25-14), Bryce Burns 195 (29-6), Sam Jansen 220 (30-6), Josh Marciulionis 285 (28-13).
- Congrats to the Titan Wrestling team for winning their sectional team final. They have qualified for the State Tournament as a team for the first time ever. Thanks to all the fans that made a packed gym and a cray environment to wrestle in. The final dual between us and 5th ranked Lodi came down to a 31-30 win. 2018 State Team Tournament is Saturday, March 3rd at UW Field House, Madison, Wis. Titans first dual match is at 10:00am. Finals will be at 3:00pm.
- Congrats to the Wrestling team for winning their Regionals. They will go to Viroqua on Tue., Feb. 13, to take on three other regional winners for a chance to go to team state. The team has been sectional runners up the last two out of three years and hopes to make it to team state for the first time ever. This team sectional has the number 4, 6, 9, and 12th ranked teams in the state, so there will be some amazing matches.
- Congrats to the Girls Basketball team for another Conference Championship.
- A big congratulations to G-E-T Boys Cross Country team for earning Academic All-State Award for 2017. The boys state members need an average above a 3.5 cumulative for top 5 of 7 participating at state. The boys were at 3.83. Top 5 scorers Doug Feyen, Josh Jumbeck, Blake Johnson, Ethan Burton, and Jaden Campbell.
- Blake Thiesse, G-E-T Pitcher signed a National Letter of Intent to continue his baseball career at NCAA Division II Iowa University. Thiesse, a right-hander, posted a 6-1 record and 0.77 ERA for the Red Hawks last season. He struck out 93 batters, walked 14 and allowed 24 hits and five earned runs in 45⅓ innings. Thiesse's three-year career at G-E-T includes 16 appearances, an 11-3 record and 144 strikeouts and 29 walks in 85⅔ innings.