The Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau School District is seeking to hire daily workers for our After School Club program. Hours will vary between 2 and 3 hours per day, each day that school is in session. A schedule will be created once a pool has been hired and availability has been established.
Hours and Wages:
- Hourly Worker – 2-3 hours/day, up to five days per week while school is in session
- Hours will occur between 2:45 and 6:15 PM each day school is in session
- $9.00 per hour
- Independent workers with strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Strong student engagement and behavioral management skills
- Assistant Child Care Teacher or Child Care Teacher coursework preferred
- Preference will be given to those with previous experience working successfully with school-aged children
- CPR/1st aid certification preferred or willing to acquire
Background: The Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau School District has been running an After School Club since February 2017. The program was created to fill a need in our community for quality after school programming for school aged students. This program is open to all students in grades K-5 who attend the G-E-T School District through busing from home schools to the program site at Galesville Elementary. The purpose of the program is to provide a safe, healthy environment for students on days when school is in session with a low tuition cost to parents ($25/week or $80/month). The program will run from 3:00 p.m. – to 6:00 p.m. for the 2018-19 school year.
- Supervise students in a variety of indoor and outdoor activities
- Ensure student safety during all activities
- Participate actively with students to maintain student engagement and proactively manage student behavior
- Report to and communicate closely with the After School Club Coordinator
Location: Galesville Elementary
Date: 2018-2019 School year, start date 8/29/2018
Application Deadline: Sunday, July 1, 2018
The Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of sex, age, race, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, color, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, emotional, learning disability or handicap. This policy also prohibits discrimination as defined by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (sex), Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1965 (race and national origin), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.