- Congrats to the following high school powerlifters for placing at state. Way to go!!
Ellen Mills- placed 7th, Isaac Marley – place 8th , Garrett Eddy- placed 9th
- Congrats to the G-E-T middle school wrestling team for winning the conference.
- A huge congratulations to Molly Schmitz for being named one of two finalists for the Wisconsin Division 3 – Three Point Challenge. The 3-Point Challenge will be held on Saturday, March 10th at 9:30 am at the Resch Center in Green Bay. Good luck Molly!
- Congrats to the Boys Basketball team, Regional Champions. They defeated Black River Falls 75-52 to win the title. The season ended at the Sectional semifinal game with a loss to Wisconsin Dells 55-61.
WIAA Boys Basketball Tournament – Div. 3 Bracket
- ‘I want to take a second and congratulate the Wrestling Team on their trip to the state tournament. Unfortunately, they lost to the eventual state champions Luxemburg-Casco. As a coach, you find it hard to handle these losses. I saw this same thing in the girls game the other night. The coach is proud of your team and all the effort they have put forth and at the same time disappointed in the outcome and think about what you could have done better or different.At times like this, you need to take a step back and appreciate what we have. We have a great group of parents that I couldn’t be prouder of. We have amazing fans and know they had our backs win or lose. Most importantly, we have awesome kids. They are always respectful and willing to go the extra mile. On behalf of the Titan Wrestling Family, “Thank You!” for a great year.’ – Pete Peterson
- Congratulations to Ben Behan and Nathan Riehle. They have been selected to participate in the 2018 WFCA All-Star Charity Football Game benefiting Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. They will be playing in this prestigious event on July 21, 2018 at J.J. Keller Field at Titan Stadium on the campus of UW-Oshkosh. Over the past eleven years, the partnership between WFCA and Children’s Hospital has raised more than $3.5 million. The honor of being chosen to play in this game is twofold. They will have the opportunity to play football with some of the best high school players in the state; every year more than 400 athletes are nominated, but only 220 are chosen to play. Second, and more importantly, they get to make a difference in the lives of other kids by helping to raise money for the patient care programs at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. Last year, there were more than 350,000 patient visits to Children’s Hospital — some are your classmates, some are in your family, and some of these kids could be you. Way to go Ben and Nate!
- The Girls Basketball Sectional semifinal game between G-E-T and Wisconsin Dells was a close one! G-E-T lost 46-47. Congratulations to the Girls Basketball team and coaches on a great season.
- Congrats Girls Basketball team, Regional Champions, after defeating Stratford 59-34.
- Congrats over the weekend to:
Girls Basketball– The girls had a huge game against Westby last Friday with a 60-25 win.Wrestling – Congrats to Bryce Burns (5th) and Julian Purney (6th) for placing at the individual state wrestling tournament this last Thursday-Saturday. The Titans will take on Luxemburg-Casco in the Division 2 team state semifinals this Saturday morning in Madison.
Gymnastics – The girls had a great sectional but fell just a little short for the State competition. Special recognition to senior Ellen Mills for all her hard work the last four years.Boys Basketball – After a bye in the first round, G-E-T started Regional play at home against Stratford. After their 66-59 win over Stratford they played Black River Falls in the Regional Finals, winning 75-52.
- Congrats to G-E-T/Melrose-Mindoro Wrestling getting over 200 votes, as they win News 8 Play of the Week honors.
- Congrats to Isaac Marley as he qualified for state in Powerlifting last Saturday, Feb. 17th. Good luck Isaac!
- Congrats to the Boys Basketball team on getting 3rd seed in their Regional.
- Congrats to the Gymnastics team for taking second place last night at the conference tournament. Sophie White took 2nd in the beam and honorable mention in the floor and all-around. Congratulations to Sophie White and Ellen Mills for earning Academic All State honors. Congratulations to Sophie White on her 2nd team all state honor.
WIAA 2018 Gymnastics Div. 2
- Wrestlers advancing to State: Colton Sime 113 (27-13), Julian Purney 126 (36-5), Bryce Burns 195 (29-6), Josh Marciulionis 285 (28-13).
WIAA 2018 Wrestling Tournament – Div. 2 Brackets
- Congrats to Wrestlers advancing to Sectionals: Colton Sime 113 (27-13), Jack Marley 120 (37-6), Julian Purney 126 (36-5), Jaden Anderson 152 (26-13), Will Johnson 160 (25-14), Bryce Burns 195 (29-6), Sam Jansen 220 (30-6), Josh Marciulionis 285 (28-13).
- Congrats to the Titan Wrestling team for winning their sectional team final. They have qualified for the State Tournament as a team for the first time ever. In order to do this they beat out 26 other teams. Thanks to all the fans that made a packed gym and a cray environment to wrestle in. The final dual between us and 5th ranked Lodi came down to a 31-30 win. 2018 State Team Tournament is Saturday, March 3rd at UW Field House, Madison, Wis. Titans first dual match is at 10:00am. Finals will be at 3:00pm. Varsity Wrestlers – Kohl Linberg (106), Colton Sime (113) Jack Marley (120), Julian Purney (126), Sam Johnson (132), Bryce Blaken (138), Hunter Andersen (145), Jaden Anderson (152), Will Johnson (160), Nic Petersen (170), Landon Lockington (182), Bryce Burns (195), Sam Jansen (220), Josj Marciulionis (285).
WIAA 2018 Wrestling Tournament – Div. 2 Brackets
- Congrats to the Wrestling team for winning their Regionals. They will go to Viroqua on Tue., Feb. 13, to take on three other regional winners for a chance to go to team state. The team has been sectional runners up the last two out of three years and hopes to make it to team state for the first time ever. This team sectional has the number 4, 6, 9, and 12th ranked teams in the state, so there will be some amazing matches.
WIAA 2018 Wrestling Tournament – Div. 2 Brackets
- Congrats to the Girls Basketball team for another Conference Championship and for getting the 2nd seed in their regional.
- Congrats to the Dance Team and coach, Chelsea Sokolik, for their third place finish at state. Anyone that has been to state dance knows how truly amazing this is. Way to go Girls!!!!!
- Congrats to the Titan wrestling team on their conference wrestling championship. There are also 7 wrestlers that are individual Coulee Conference Champions as well.
- Congrats to our gymnastics team. The G-E-T co-op won the seven-team Silver Session with a score of 121.375. G-E-T’s Sophie White won the balance beam (7.55) and had the top all-around score (32.475) in Silver competition. Teammate Lauren Koss won the vault (8.5).
- Congrats to the Boys Basketball team on their huge win last night (1/29/18) over Bangor. Bangor was undefeated and the #1 ranked team in Division 5 until last night. The Red Hawks took an early lead that they never relented. Congrats to the boys and coaches.
- Congrats, Dana Feyen, who has won Gatorade Wisconsin Girls Cross Country Runner of the Year! In its 33rd year, the Gatorade Player of the Year program is proud to recognize the nation’s most outstanding high school athletes for their athletic excellence, academic achievement, and exemplary character. A livestream showcasing Dana’s highlights and achievements, along with those of fellow State winners, will be broadcast on Hudl’s Facebook page at 7:00 p.m. CST. Follow Hudl at www.facebook.com/hudl to catch your athlete’s spotlight and learn who won across the nation. For the 2nd consecutive year, Gatorade will donate $1,000 to a sport-based organization of Dana’s choosing!
- Congrats to the Powerlifting Team for their hard work on Saturday. Ellen Mills and Garrett Eddy qualified for state! Isaac Marley took 3rd, Sam Mattison took 5th, Ben Stenberg took 6th, Dakota Pickering took 10th, and Mitch Bergman took 1st in the 9-10th grade division. The boys team took 2nd overall. Good work lifters.
Congrats to our Dance Team for qualifying for state in both Poms and Hip Hop. The state competition is Saturday, Feb. 3, at the La Crosse Center. What a great accomplishment for these girls and coaches.
- From the Tribune – The Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau High School girls basketball team won its sixth game in a row on Saturday, but that was only part of the story. Lexi Wagner made 15 of 26 shots overall and 7 of 10 attempts from the free-throw line. She also went 14-for-14 from the free-throw line. Wagner is averaging 22 points per game this season, and her 51 points ties her for 10th place in state history for points in one game. Congrats to the girls team! Tribune link-
- The Titan wrestling team won the 16 team Arcadia wrestling tournament. They also received the sportsmanship award for the second year running. Tribune link-
- A big congratulations to G-E-T Boys Cross Country team for earning Academic All-State Award for 2017. The boys state members need an average above a 3.5 cumulative for top 5 of 7 participating at state. The boys were at 3.83. Top 5 scorers Doug Feyen, Josh Jumbeck, Blake Johnson, Ethan Burton, and Jaden Campbell.
- to our Red Hawk Dance team as they received 2nd place in Hip Hop at Kaukauna. They beat out Campbellsport and were only 3 points away from 1st!! This is one of the largest dance competitions in the state and a huge recognition going into state tournament series later this month.
January 8. Another great week in sports. Here are a few quick updates.~Congrats to the Dance team who took 3rd in Hip Hop this last Saturday. They compete at Kaukauna before getting ready for regionals on January 27th in Wausau!~Girls basketball had a large win over West Salem last week and will get ready to travel to Black River Falls this Friday. They are still undefeated in conference and at this time look to be in the driver’s seat for a repeat title.~The gymnastics team had a big home win over Westby. GET/Mel-Min’s Sophie White won the All-Around with a score of 31.90, followed by teammates Lauren Koss second with a score of 30.60 and Helen Peterson placed third, 30.20. They will travel to River Falls for a big invite this Saturday~Wrestling had a huge weekend again. They won the Cadott tournament beating out another 13 teams. This is their second tournament win this season. The Titans which are currently ranked 5th in Division 2 will take on arguably the top ranked team in the state and Division 1, Holmen, this Thursday at UW-La Crosse. If you are a wrestling fan this is a great event with high school and college wrestling going on at the same time. Wrestling begins at
- Giving back – Both our girls and boys basketball teams helped one or more of the local Lion’s serve their Senior Citizen’s Christmas Dinner.
- Wrestling is expecting a great year again. The team is currently ranked 5th in the state in Division 2. They just won an 18 team tournament on December 16 at Richland Center.
- Basketball. Both boys and girls teams are off to an amazing start. Lexi Wagner and Chris Thompson have both hit the 1,000 point mark in their careers. What an amazing accomplishment. Congrats to both of you. If you haven’t seen a game yet this year, Thursday’s G-E-T night is a great chance to watch both boys and girls take on Onalaska.
- Congratulations to our Dance Team as they took 1st place in Hip Hop at Menominee. They also took 3rd place in Poms. Way to go!!!
- Blake Thiesse, G-E-T Pitcher signed a National Letter of Intent to continue his baseball career at NCAA Division II Iowa University. Thiesse, a right-hander, posted a 6-1 record and 0.77 ERA for the Red Hawks last season. He struck out 93 batters, walked 14 and allowed 24 hits and five earned runs in 45⅓ innings. Thiesse’s three-year career at G-E-T includes 16 appearances, an 11-3 record and 144 strikeouts and 29 walks in 85⅔ innings.
- Dana Feyen has been nominated for WKBT Play of the Week.
- CONGRATULATIONS CROSS COUNTRY!: Congratulations to Dana Feyen on her 2nd straight Division 2 State Championship win on Saturday at The Ridges Golf Course in Wisconsin Rapids! Way to go, Dana!
- Congratulations to the Boys Cross Country Team: Ethan Burton, Jayden Campbell, Doug Feyen, Blake Johnson, Josh Jumbeck, Riley Kirkey, & Nicholas Moen. They took 10th place as a team at Saturday’s State Championship! Way to go Red Hawks!
- Megan Larson, Madison Schmidt and McKenzie Mahlum. “The Golf Coaches Association of Wisconsin (GCAW) is pleased to announce that Megan Larson, Madison Schmidt and McKenzie Mahlum of Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau High School are an Academic All-State honoree for the recently concluded 2017 girls’ golf season, receiving a designation of Honors. Students are nominated by GCAW member coaches if they meet the following criteria: 1) A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.25, 2) participation in at least 75% of their team’s varsity matches, and 3) are at least a sophomore in high school. These girls are a student-athlete who serves as a great example to others, proving that academic and athletic successes are not mutually exclusive.
- to the boys cross country team and Dana Feyen. They are going to State Saturday, October 28th!!!!! The boys took second as a team in the sectional meet. Dana will head to state to defend her title from last year. Way to go Red Hawks!
- to Dana Feyen for her sectional championship at the Cross Country Sectionals.
- What an end to our regular football season. When talking about this season to date the only word I can think of is dominance. Dominance as you end the season with a 9-0 record. Dominance is when you win all your conference games with a 304-34 point differential. Dominance because you saw all the work and dedication these athletes and coaches put in the summer including camp, passing league and speed and strength classes. Congratulations on a great season! ~ Pete Peterson, G-E-T A.D.
- Congrats to our cross country team with a great showing on Saturday at the Coulee Conference meet. Dana Feyen won her 3rd straight Coulee Championship. The boys team placed second. First team all conference honors -Dana Feyen and Doug Feyen, 2nd team – Josh Jumbeck and Blake Johnson, Honorable Mention – Nick Moen. Good luck to the team this week at sectionals.
- to G-E-T’s McKenzie Mahlum and her amazing golf shot earning her Player of the Week 10/5/17.
- What a great job our girls golf team did. This team of hardworking girls took 4th in the sectional and were only 3 strokes out of 3rd place. Unfortunately, they only take the top two teams, but we are very proud of this group for making it. A special recognition goes out to Madison Schmidt who golfed an 89 and was only two strokes off qualifying for state.
- to Brooke Rolbiecki and Elle Lettner who are advancing to Swimming Sectionals November 4th in Hudson.
- to our girls golf team for making it to sectionals as a team. They will compete in Madison next Tuesday. Good luck ladies and coaches.
- Check out the C.C. results Sept. 23rd! Due to weather concerns the race was shortened to 3200m (2 miles). Of 499 runners, yes 499, Doug Feyn was 35th, Josh Jumbeck 36th, and Blake Johnson 51st The top 3 ran VERY strong races! Dana Feyen ran 18:59 and was the top Wisconsin finisher and placed 9th.
- Volleyball . . Had two huge conference wins and hopes to carry over that confidence into next week. What a night for volleyball Sept. 21st! Congrats to the girls as they beat Arcadia in three straight sets. Not only did they beat Arcadia, but on Tuesday, Sept. 19th, they beat Viroqua in 4 sets. Keep up the great work!
- Girls Golf team . . . who happened to win their 5th straight Conference Title.
- Cross Country Team . . . Check out the success of our cross-country team in Wausau Saturday, Sept. 16th for both teams! Of over 30 teams in division 2 and 3, G-E-T was 4th. In division 2 they were just edged out by Edgewood by 1 point and placed 3rd of 15. Girls place 10th.The boys team found Doug Feyen moved into 3rd all time with a 7th place finish going under 17 minutes for first time at 16:52. Josh Jumbeck had his best race of his career and moved into the top 10 times in G-E-T history.