- Congratulations to Nicole J. and Nic P. for winning “Outstanding Soloist Awards” at the UW Stevens Point Jazz Festival.
- To Madison Schmidt and Nathan Riehle! Each year the WIAA presents a Scholar Athlete award to each school for a male and female senior with the highest GPA, who have earned a minimum of 4 varsity letter, and the most sports accomplishments. We go through a process of assigning points to each senior that turned in an application based on their own success. This year, like many at G-E-T, found us with great athletes with many accomplishments. Our recipients are not only excellent students, but they have combined for 20 varsity letters between the two of them. Congratulations to Madison Schmidt and Nathan Riehle! Madison Schmidt received 11 varsity letters in golf, basketball and softball while earning a 3.975 GPA. She has multiple first team honors and letters in all three sports. Nathan Riehle has 9 varsity letters while earning a 3.944 GPA. He was also nominated twice for lineman of the year, part of a state basketball team, and three trips to sectionals in track. Nice work to all our students and congratulations again to Madison and Nathan. They will now be entered into the WIAA State Scholar Athlete competition. This award is given to just 16 athletes across the state and will be selected in March.
- Fifth grade students presented their math projects at the regional math fair.
- Congratulations to the Forensics team for an outstanding performance Feb. 13th in Whitehall! The entire team will be advancing to the District Competition on March 10th!! If you see any of these members, please congratulate them….they were phenomenal! Ashton Kamrowski, Megan Larson, Natalee Dixon, Courtney Walk, Madison Brady, Paige Shanley, Kathryn Hage, Megan Cook, Skyla McGrane, Elaina Kinser, Irene Cline, Luke Sill, Diana Dundukova, Alexi Hunter, Sophie White, Caden Miralles, Meranda Bergmann, Olivia Landsom, Alyssa Teske, Michaela Bergmann
G-E-T FCCLA had an outstanding day competing at the Region 5 FCCLA Competition Friday, Feb. 9th. 49 students competed in events including Culinary Arts, Entrupurniship, Life Event Planning, Job Interview and more. 42 students advanced on to state competition in April.
- CONGRATULATIONS TO VOCAL POINT AND OUT OF THE BLUE!: Vocal Point took first place in the Varsity Vocals International Championship of High School A Cappella (ICHSA) regional and will be moving on to the semifinals in DeKalb, Illinois, on March 10th, and hopefully, the big song and dance at Lincoln Center in New York City. Tickets for the semifinals in DeKalb are available at www.varsityvocals.com. Congrats again to Mr. Stuempges and students!Congratulations to Alanna Peters (Vocal Point) for Best Choreography and Cameron Hansen (Out of the Blue) for Best Vocal Percussionist! Both Out of the Blue and Vocal Point gave their best performances so far this year! Way to go!